Mr. Champeau’s Classroom Rules
Hello. My name is Mr. Champeau. I am your sub teacher for today. Normally I teach English, Spanish and Yoga. I speak Spanish fluently. Feel free to ask me about these subjects if you need help.
Fun fact about me: I’ve lived in 6 different countries including Japan, Thailand, South Korea, Spain, Ecuador and Canada.
I have written this guide to explain how I manage my classroom and what I expect from you as a student in my class.
My Classroom Rules
- Stay in your assigned seats unless you are working with a partner or group and need to sit next to them.
- Cellphones must be out of sight during the entire class period unless given explicit permission from me or another teacher.
- Use classroom technology for educational purposes only.
- Ask permission to use the bathroom or leave the room.
- Always keep the room at a reasonable volume. This means I can get everyone’s attention without shouting and others can work without feeling distracted.
- No racist or sexist comments or behavior.
- No violence, physical, verbal or otherwise
These are my rules. Your school already has rules and I’m sure you know about them. We must follow all rules.
Many students will finish their work for this class before class time is over. Please try to use your time productively.
✅ You may study for your other classes or for any other educational endeavor (learning a language, studying psychology, etc.)
✅ You may work on other school assignments and projects.
✅ You may read. Anything. It’s good for your brain. (Normal books, comic books, graphic novels, nonfiction, etc.)
✅ You may do other creative activities as long as it does not disrupt other students: drawing or other kinds of artwork, writing, etc.
✅ You may meditate. This is also very good for your brain.
The following activities are NOT allowed
❌ Using technology for noneducational purposes (social media, watching videos or browsing websites about dirt-biking, celebrity news, funny cat videos, etc.)
❌ Idle conversation with other students
❌ Playing video games
If I see you using your technology for noneducational purposes I will take it away. If you have absolutely nothing educational or productive to do, you are welcome to go pick up a book from the library. Please do not disrupt other students because you are bored.
Let’s maintain a quiet and comfortable environment so we can all concentrate and study without distractions. Let me know if you have any questions or need any help. Thank you!