To use AnkiMaster Flashcards, you need to install some Add-ons to Anki. Add-ons are like browser extensions but for Anki.
How to install add-ons
In the main Anki window click on Tools–>Add-ons
Click on Get Add-ons on the side.
Copy-paste your add-on code into the box and click OK. You can find the codes for the add-ons in the Required Add-ons below.
Click Get Add-ons again and repeat with other Add-on codes.
- ImageResizer – make all images the same size. Code: 1214357311
- Hierarchical Tags – helps you organize your cards. You will learn more about tags in future tutorials. Code: 594329229
- Advanced Browser – A useful add-on for organizing and searching your cards more easily. Code: 874215009
- Forvo Downloader – automatically download audio for all of your words. Code: 858591644
- AwesomeTTS – automatically download audio for all of your words. Code: 814349176
I don’t recommend installing any more than this, especially as a beginner. You don’t need any more than these add-ons.
Configure the Add-ons
You need to configure a few things to make these add-ons function correctly. First, RESTART Anki to activate your new Add-ons.
Open Anki again. Now you will see some new option menus.
Click Tools -> Image Resizer
Copy the settings you see here and click OK
Click on Browse to open the browser window.
Click on a deck in the sidebar:
Right-click on the columns at the top.
Follow the menu until you get to Word (Dictionary Form).
Click and hold. Drag the Word (Dictionary Form) column to the left next to Sort field. You may need to do this twice.
Open the browser window and click on a note. Then click on the blue button.
When the first window appears select Word (Dictionary Form) and press enter.
When the second window appears select Sound-Word and press enter.
Select English, click Continue
Click on a deck. Click on the top menu item AwesomeTTS -> Add Audio to Selected
Copy the settings you see here:
Click Generate. This will save the settings. Close this window.